Sunday, February 6, 2011

Planning Ahead

Most of us do very little planning in the eating department. Today is "Superbowl Sunday"! Most of us will go to parties unprepared and be willing to gorge on the foods placed in front of us! Most of those snacks will be loaded with fat and not real food. I am not against eating a few goodies but who wants to eat 1000's of extra junk calories. So everyone, bring some healthy options. You will be amazed at how popular they will be and how great they taste after eating junk.

I am going over to a friends to watch the Superbowl. I am bringing celery, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower and a Trader Joe's spicy hummus. It will be great! Plus, I am taking a fresh pineapple that I am cutting up in chunks. I am also taking tortilla chips with fresh salsa and guacamole. Tortilla chips are my very favorite junk food so rather than fill up on some type of junk I do not love, I am taking junk food that I love! Be picky and if you are going to eat junk food calories, choose ones that are your favorites! Life needs to be fun and is not about denial. You just need to be sane most of the time!

Happy Snacking! Remember to eat some healthy snacks too!

No comments:

Post a Comment