Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New Products

KerryHey there everyone!

 I was at Trader Joe's today looking around for inspiration! Found some new products, at least I had not seen them before. They were all one serving and located in the freezer section:

Reduced Guilt Mac'n Cheese        270 calories                             $1.99
Reduced Guilt Sole                       190 calories                             $2.99
Reduced Guilt Roasted
Vegetable Couscous                     250 calories                             $2.69
Reduced Guilt Baked Ziti              320 calories                             $1.99

All of these entrees would be great lunch choices that you could just stick in the microwave at work. They all looked good especially the couscous and sole. They are way healthier than eating fast food and less caloric. They must be good because people were loading up on them!

Also started looking at the rest of the freezer section and there are many great entrees for lunches or dinners in a pinch. They may seem more pricey than cooking from scratch but they are cheaper than eating out.

They had some single serving items that looked great!

Garden Vegetable Lasagna for 290 calories and it serves one but I could not find the price.

Spinach and Vegetable Lasagna for 340 calories for $1.99

Chicken Lasagna for 290 calories. It is the same size as the Garden and Spinach Lasagna so I assumed that it was one serving but when I checked it was actually two servings so I was almost tricked. It would be almost 600 calories for the serving. I would think most of us would eat the entire thing. I would much rather go for the garden or spinach lasagna and get a double portion! I like volume!

Watch the serving size because the manufacturers try to trick us by making the stats look really low and hope that we miss the serving size.

Check out the new website that my lovely sister is making for me!!

Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment