Friday, January 8, 2010

Review of "The Thin Commandments Diet" by Stephen Gullo


First of all, this is not a diet book, but a book with strategies for weight loss. It is a book that thinkers will enjoy. He presents a couple of ideas I had never thought about but are key and really make you think.
1. Think Historically. Most dieters gain back the same weight with the same foods in the same place at the same time of day for the same reasons and the same behaviors. If we did that in any other area of our lives we would make some changes. Wouldn't we?
2. Quit Using Food Baby Talk. When you feel deprived or crave certain foods have you said or thought:
But it's my favorite!
It's not fair that I can't have it!
But I've been so good!
It's my comfort!
It's my treat!
If you have welcome to the club. You might need to grow up in this area. He says most of us do not act like mature adults, but that eating is the one area of our lives that we revert back to childhood. We must develop strategies to give up these childish thoughts and become selective gourmets and stop resenting what we need to do to keep our bodies healthy and attractive.

I loved his bluntness with the truth. Let's accept ourselves as being underdeveloped in the area of food this year and work hard to make some changes and grow up. Tell it like it is Stephen.

No comments:

Post a Comment