Sunday, January 16, 2011

About Us

Greetings Everyone! Happy Sunday! I wanted to take a few minutes to let you know why Cindy and I do what we do and a little about us. Then off to watch the Seahawks game!

Cindy and I started our business, Lifestyle Solutions, 3 years ago. We have been friends for many years and have boys that were best friends growing up. I (Kerry) have a degree in Dietetics. My passion and interest is Obesity. I have never believed diets worked because I have never seen long term success in people I know.  In the past 20 years the obesity rates have skyrocketed, and this has saddened me because I believe that the more you know, the more you can eat! People are not really overeating, just eating that extra 100 calories a day that puts on an extra 10 pounds in a year and after 10 years, 100 pounds. Who knew that extra measly 100 calories per day could add up to so much in the long term? I believe with a little bit of education of some smart substitutions, and working on your triggers that most people can get their weight under control. I wanted to help people do this.

Cindy has a masters in counseling and spent many years working as a Social worker, some of which were spent counseling people with eating disorders. She also has a passion to help people struggling with their weight, but more from the emotional end of things. Lets face it, most of us eat for emotional reasons and it is her passion to help people work through these emotions, rather than eating which is only a very temporary fix, and ultimately makes you feel worse as you gain weight. We felt that we both fit together well so started our business.

What we offer is practical tips and common sense ideas to help you be healthy. We hope that you will join us this year as we offer advice and tips to keep your weight down, learn tricks that can help you do this, work on triggers and how to stop them, work on emotional eating, mindless eating and all of the other ways that we can think to eat. We try to be practical, but fun too.

I love to answer questions and I will write on any weight related topic that people are interested in. Send in your ideas!

Now off to watch the Seahawks hopefully defy the odds and win another game!!! Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment